I feel like Apruka tonite


Apruka was a very determined lowly-rated but highly principled character in A Horse on My Back, a play devised by the cast and crew of the Africa Project in 1998, and which toured Germany and part of Nigeria. The sort of confidence and grit determination of Apruka is rare.... he refused to be pushed down by the odds placed on his path by men who ought to be a lords of the animals kingdom; so he trudged on, even when his fellow workers felt resignation was the best option. He won his victory, but only in his own heart; yet he was contented, extremely so contented and fulfilled. We need the candour and resolve of such men when things seem to walk on their heads.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I am "apruka" every day, my victory is always is my heart, never in the world.

Popular posts from this blog

This weekend, I remember Ijo Dee

Sam Loco Efe... Theatre King Of All Time

CORA holds Publishers’ Forum as part of 12th Lagos Book & Art Festival.